30 DAY RETURN POLICY
We offer a 30 day return policy on all merchandise purchased through our web site.
In order for this policy to be valid, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Merchandise must be returned within 30 days. This trial period begins the day you actually receive your product(s).
- Merchandise must be returned in the condition it was received.
- No visible “wear and tear”
- Item was not sized or altered by another jeweler (other than Giraux)
- Original security tags must be in place
- Original diamond laboratory report must accompany the original diamond
- Item(s) must be shipped according to our return procedures.
Once we've confirm that the item(s) received are in the same condition in which they were originally sold, your refund will be issued within a week.
*Giraux Fine Jewelry does not refund any shipping costs that were incurred during the return shipment.
RETURN SHIPMENT PROCEDURE
To return a diamond or jewelry item to Giraux, please follow these 3 steps...
- Call us to receive a Return Authorization Number. Write this number somewhere on the return label. Please do not indicate the value of the item(s) being returned.
- When packaging or shipping valuables to us, please make sure you are not alerting the carrier of the contents of your package. Avoid using words such as jewelry, or gems.
- Instead of addressing the package to Giraux, please use the name of the representative who gave you the Return Authorization. You may also use the alias GXJ Graphics to avoid alerting the carrier of the contents.
- Package your return completely. Make sure to include all materials that were included in your original shipment. A $250 replacement fee per diamond will apply to any shipments that do not include the original laboratory report (i.e. GIA certificate).
- Insure your package. If your original invoice is listed as:
- Less than $500: You can ship it via most major carriers (UPS, FedEx). Be sure to ship your item(s) fully insured, and request a return receipt for confirmation that your package has reached its destination.
- More than $500: Ship your package via US Postal Service Registered Mail™. Be sure to insure your products for the full purchase price. Request a return receipt for confirmation of delivery.
*Giraux Fine Jewelry will not be responsible for loss or damage of return shipments.
DIAMOND UPGRADE POLICY**
Giraux Fine Jewelry invests in only the finest diamonds available. Our buyers are expert gemologists that are trained to select the most beautiful diamond in the world, regardless of their specific quality.
In accordance with industry standards and FTC regulations, Giraux Fine Jewelry states that all total carat weight in our jewelry products may vary by 0.04ct. This excludes any loose, independent laboratory certified diamonds.
Any diamond that is purchased by Giraux Fine Jewelry must comply with the internationally recognized Kimberley Process (KP).
In addition, Giraux Fine Jewelry requires from its vendors all diamonds imported overseas must be accompanied with a statement of System of Warranties (SoW) assurance.
Giraux Fine Jewelry is able to offer our clients an exclusive diamond upgrade policy.
Any diamond that is purchased directly from our web site that has a laboratory report (GIA, EGL, AGS) may be upgraded for the original purchase price (excludes sales tax, shipping, or repair costs) as long the following terms and conditions are met. *
Terms and conditions**
- “Trade-in” Diamond must be free from chips or major abrasions that are not noted on the original laboratory report.
- Trade in diamond must match its original laboratory report 100% to be confirmed by our in house gemologists.
- New purchase must be equal to or greater than 25% of the trade in value (excludes applicable sales tax).
- Trade in diamond cannot be noted as a special order on the original purchase invoice.
- Client is responsible for supplying the original invoice or documentation from the purchase.
- Original laboratory report must accompany this transaction. If the original laboratory report does not accompany this transaction, a $250 dollar deduction may be assessed on the trade in diamond. In some cases, the trade-in may be denied.
- Upgrade value cannot be segmented or split to be used at a later date. Transaction will only be allowed the same business day for item(s) equal to or greater than 25% of the trade in purchase price (excludes applicable sales tax).
- You may trade in and upgrade one diamond for multiple diamonds or jewelry items as long as the other terms are met.
* Due to the nature and risks of fraud associated with running an internet business, Giraux Fine Jewelry reserves the right to cancel this Diamond Upgrade Policy at any time without prior written notice.
**Special Order Diamonds, diamonds that have been purchased with your specifications and bought specifically for you, are excluded from our upgrade policy. Since these diamonds were NOT purchased through our regular buying cycles and investment strategy, when traded back to Giraux, may be traded back at a discount from the price you originally paid. When traded back to Giraux, these diamonds maybe subject to discounts that will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Although we strive for complete accuracy in our representation of merchandise, occasionally merchandise pricing or product information may not be accurate. We will immediately correct any and all errors brought to our attention, however we do not honor, nor do we obligate our customers to honor erroneous pricing.
JEWELRY SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE
Giraux Fine Jewelry is happy to check and clean your jewelry for as long as you own it.
- Check: we will do our best to check and make sure all gem stones are securely held in place. We will notify you if there is any repair work that would be recommended.
- Clean: Once our gemologist examines your jewelry and notes that all gems are secure, we will professionally clean your jewelry.
- Visa or MasterCard
- Bank Wire Transfer - please e-mail us at service@Giraux.com for wire transfer instructions. You may be able to receive up to a 2% discount on your order.
- Giraux Fine Jewelry Gift Card - For your protection, the maximum value on each gift certificate is $500. Please note that lost or stolen gift certificates cannot be replaced. To check the balance on your gift card, please e-mail us at service@Giraux.com with the number on the reverse of your gift card. Please note that the Giraux Gift Card is not redeemable for cash nor can be returned for a cash refund.
- All orders shipped out of the State of California will be in accordance with Federal and State laws in regards to no sales tax.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone if we feel that any transaction is suspect and unauthorized.
Your purchase is insured while in transit to its destination. All packages are sent out via common carrier and are signature required. Thus, if you will not be available to sign for the package, our insurance stipulates that the package will not be left at the door. Upon delivery the insurance coverage ceases and you must purchase separate insurance for the jewelry.APPRAISALS
Most insurance companies do not require an appraisal if a piece of jewelry is purchased under $2500. For higher-value jewelry, we will include an appraisal with both the retail and wholesale replacement value of your purchase. We do not appraise outside merchandise. Please note that an appraisal is prepared and signed by a GIA trained Graduate Gemologist and a fee of $25 will be charged for appraisal requests for items under $2500.